You helped in 2012 and we need you again in 2013!
2012 was a very successful year for the Washington Animal Rescue League on many levels. With the help of our many donors, we were able to raise over $3,072,000 in support of our efforts to rescue, rehabilitate, and rehome animals that have nowhere else to go.
This generosity allowed us to do so much in 2012:
- 1,713 dogs and cats found loving new homes;
- 93 dogs and 10 cats were rescued from puppy mills and hoarding situations in four states;
- 6,000 animals and their families benefited from our various services including our low-cost vaccine clinics, the food bank, and our Medical Center that serves income-qualified clients;
- We increased our community involvement with additional adoption and fundraising events, such as our Mega Match-a-thon and Yappy Hours.
I am confident the League will continue to grow and serve even more animals and members of the community this year. That is what sets us apart – our care and commitment to the health and well-being of the animals in our care, and our focus on finding them excellent homes and families.
What you may not know about WARL: We do not receive any public or taxpayer funding. We exist solely from the generosity of individuals, foundations, and local businesses. Our top adoption fee (for a pure-bred puppy) is $300, but we spend an average of over $800 on each shelter animal in our care, and we have new dogs and cats coming through our doors every day.
Interested in supporting the League in 2013? Here are a few ways you can give:
- Make a donation today. You can select a one-time or monthly donation in any amount.
- Check out our wish list.
- Spread the word! Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (@WARLDC), subscribe to our eNews, and forward our messages to your friends and family.
- Sponsor an animal in lieu of a gift for a friend or family member and we will send either a handwritten card or an eCard in their honor/memory.
- Attend our events! This year we are planning a variety of exciting events which will be posted here: http://www.warl.org/news-events/events/. We hope that you will join us!
- Even more ways to give are listed here on our website.
This year, more than ever, your support will be critical in helping care for thousands of homeless dogs and cats. Here’s to another successful year – we can’t do it without you!
- Kyle Carter, Director of Development